Saturday, November 1, 2008

It can't just be easy

Just to warn you, this is a pity party post. You're brave if you read on any farther. 

So our little peanut of a baby Reagan has to have surgery on Monday. It's rather minor as far as surgeries go and the surgeon doing it has a 100% success rate and has done hundreds of these surgeries over the years. She has a duct on the outside of her heart that will not close. This is common in preemies because the duct usually closes later on in pregnancy. Right now her sweet little heart is working overtime and she is beginning to show signs of some lung problems. I know that this surgery will be good for her and that it will help with her apnea, but I am so upset. Why does my sweet little girl have to go through this? Why do either of my babies? I'm afraid it's going to be hard on her little body, and I've been warned that she won't look good after the surgery, but that in a few days time she'll be back to normal. I don't know if I can bear to see her like that. It's hard enough with all the tubes and wires sticking out of both of them right now. I'm scared and I'm going to go cry now.

2 comments:

Carpenters said...

Mallory,
I am thinking of you and the girls. How scary! I would be freaking out about this surgery! I have to say that baby Reagan will be fine. Its true that this operation is done a lot, and your baby will be fine. You just don't want it to be yours and these babies are just trying so hard to get out of the hospital it seems never ending. Hugs
Emilie

Juliann Lambson said...

aww baby girl, I am sorry this has been such a rough journey for you! You have been blessed with two beautiful baby girls. I know it hasn't all worked out how you hoped it would, but it will work out. Everyone has trials and hard times but there will be so many more wonderful times with your girls to cancel out all of the bad. I love you and your little ones. Hang in there big sissy.