Sunday, October 5, 2008

Pre-term labor

Sorry, this is about to get long. On October 1st my perinatologist sent me home on strict bedrest because Reagan was right on my cervix and it was beginning to shorten. On Friday, 10/03 I had an appointment with my OBGYN. She noticed that I was 1.5 centimeters dilated and that my cervix had really started to thin. She immediately sent me over to labor and delivery and they got me hooked up to some monitors. Turns out I was having contractions every three minutes. At about 12 that afternoon, Reagan's water broke. It has slowly been leaking, but the ultrasounds show that she does still have some fluid left. I am currently taking magnesium sulfate to stop the contractions. Talk about hot flashes! I thought my skin was on fire. I have also had 2 steroid shots to help mature both girls lungs and hearts. I'm also on a constant dose of antibiotics to prevent bacteria from entering Reagan's amniotic sac. My arms and hands hurt from the 12 blood draws I have had in the past 48 hours, and my back is very achey. But I know that I can stay strong for our baby girls. This is my job and I want to do it the best that I can. For now our goal is to make it to 34 weeks, only 7.5 weeks away. With all the love and prayers that we have been receiving and with Heavenly Father watching over us, I am hopeful and positive that this is possible. Thank you all!

1 comment:

Juliann Lambson said...

Honey, You are such an incredible girl. I am so proud of how brave you are being. I wish that I could be there more often with you but luckily you are blessed with a great husband who is there for you always. I love you so much. Just hang in there. Keep being strong and have faith. Love you lots big sissy!!!