Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Taking the good with the bad

The good: On Sunday we learned that our sweet little Reagan is using her head to  plug up the hole in her sac. Needless to say, we are very proud of her!! She is having a difficult time getting enough nutrients from her placenta which is why she is so small, but she's holding strong. Our Bailey bug on the other hand is growing right on track and is very active. In fact she likes to keep her mommy awake at night with lots of kicking and moving. I am hooked up to heart monitors for the babies so Michael and I enjoy the comfort of falling asleep to those precious little heartbeats. 

Now for the not so good : The dr's  believe I have some sort of infection that is causing all of this. The even bigger problem is that they have no idea what the infection is. They know I have cholestasis and have put me on a pill to help relieve the itching that keeps me awake at night. I also had 14 vials of blood drawn in addition to the 2 they take each morning which are being tested for all sorts of infectious diseases. I'm also on medication to stop the contractions that have started again. This shouldn't seem like a big deal except that an infection could be potentially hazardous to our little one's. So for now we wait and rule things out one by one!

Thank you all for your love and prayers. I know that this is what will give me the strength to keep our girls healthy.

2 comments:

Taneil said...

That's great news about Reagan! I can't believe how strong you are--it would be so hard to go through what you are going with. Keep up the positive attitude because that really helps! Let me know if you need anything! :)

nicilee said...

Hang in there little mama. You are all in our prayers. Savann prays your little babes will be OK too. We love you all so much.

On a side note; the other day I was talking to someone about adoption and out of the blue Savannah got really worried and asked, "Mom, is Auntie Mal, going to give one of her babies away?" I quickly reassured her that your babies are here to stay.