Thursday, December 18, 2008

Quick Update

I'm really tired, but I thought I should update quickly. First off we were told last Saturday that Reagan would be coming home this past Tuesday so we would need to stay the night Monday. Well Monday came and they told us that she wasn't doing as well as they wanted her to and so they were going to keep her longer still. We were devastated but my sweet sister brought up the fact that the Lord does things for a reason. And he truly does.  You see, I had been having some abdominal pain and nausea for almost a week. On Tuesday Michael noticed that my eyes were yellow, and by Wednesday my skin had turned yellow and I was exhausted all the time. I went to the ER for the second time this year and they ran a bunch of  blood tests, an MRI and an ultrasound on my gallbladder. My Liver enzymes were really high and my bile duct had dilated from 3mm to 11mm in 2 months which was quite a jump. This morning they had me go in for an ERCP where they put me to sleep and put a scope down my throat, through my stomach and into my gall bladder. There they found a large gallstone wedged in my bile duct, and it was not going to move. So they cut a slit in the duct and pushed the stone out. I woke up while the scope was still in and gagged a whole bunch. Yuck. And I will have to have my gallbladder removed eventually. So while all of this was very unfortunate and I'm kind of sore now, it's actually a blessing that Reagan didn't come home because we would not have been able to keep her at the hospital with us because of the risk of infection. And once babies leave the NICU they're not allowed back in so they don't contaminate other babies. So it all worked out. And now I'm even more tired after typing it.

4 comments:

Mom said...

You two are a great example of how to get through things with faith and hope and good cheer. We are sorry about how hard this last few months has been. We hope it is easier soon.

Iverson Family said...

Teri has been keeping me updated with you so we have been able to keep you in our prayers:) Are you home now? Can't wait till you get your babies home. Teri and I really enjoyed seeing those cute twins. Thanks for letting us come:) Let me know if we can do anything!

Nicole O said...

You are one tough gal. I'm so sorry to hear about your health issues. We are thinking of you and pray for you and the babies. We hope you recover quickly and can enjoy your Christmas

Juliann Lambson said...

Mallory, I love you so much! You are such a great person and I admire you in so many ways. You are so loved and prayed for by a lot of people- proof of just how special you really are.