Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Doctor's appointment update

The girls had another appointment with the pulmonologist yesterday. Bailey now weighs 10 lbs. 7 oz and is 20 inches long. Reagan is 8 lbs. 7 oz. and 19 1/2 inches long. They have grown so much in their little 5 month lives. Both girls did really well during the 10 minute room air test the doctor did. Even Reagan stayed up at 99-100 when she was upset. She lowered Bailey's oxygen flow from 50 cc's a minute to 25. So she is now on the same amount as her sister. We'll be doing another overnight room air test either late this week or early next week, but I have a feeling the girls still won't be coming off the O2. The doctor said that our areas RSV season has been extended through April, so once again she is "not in a hurry to take them off of the oxygen." She said to me "you'll be so glad once all of these tanks and tubes are gone." Umm, you think so? Sorry, that was mean, but she has obviously never had a child (let alone 2) holed up in her bedroom for 3 months because they're hooked up to equipment that makes it very difficult to travel. I really do like her though, especially when I told her we were waiting to bless the girls until they were equipment free and that I was afraid they would be a year old before they could be blessed. I know nothing of her religious views but her response was " the real blessing is that your girls are here and they are healthy." I guess I needed to be reminded of my many blessings and to stop having a pity party for myself. 

2 comments:

Grace said...

can I get your email to send you an invite to our blog? gracerolfe@hotmail.com

Taneil said...

You are an amazing mother! I can't believe all the trials you have gone through to have these beautiful babies. I know you will be blessed for all of it! Let us know when you are blessing the babies.