Monday, January 26, 2009

Not much going on

Okay, I'm quite proud of myself so I had to share. This is the cake I made for my sister's 22nd birthday. It was my first time ever doing a "sculpted" cake and also my first time working with fondant. It's not perfect, and it definitely had it's flaws, but I think it turned out pretty cute. The cake was delicious by the way. I got the recipe from Williams - Sonoma and it was fantastic. And even though my sister was probably a little old for this cake, she humors me because she's my princess and best friend.
In other news, can you believe these cuties are already over 3 months old? Seriously where has the time gone? They fill every day with love and amazement. I am so lucky to be able to stay home with them every day. They are tons of fun. I have started losing my hair though because they both love to grab onto it and pull it to their faces. When I finally get free, their chubby little hands are wrapped around 5 or 6 strands of hair. This happens multiple times a day, and I'm thinking I may need a haircut before I go bald! Anyways, Bailey loves to snuggle and makes the funniest faces we've ever seen. She is constantly making her Daddy laugh. She has also started pushing up with her arms and lifting her head at which point she rolls her body side to side or does this hilarious head bob. Reagan is our little sweet pea. She is rarely fussy and is perfectly content just looking around, cooing and sucking on her hands. She is such a sweetheart and still a tiny little thing. So far we have avoided RSV, colds, and the flu, and we are praying it stays that way. Daddy started school last week and the three of us girls miss him a ton when he's gone. But we are so proud of him and always look forward to seeing him at the end of the day. The only exciting thing coming up is the girls' appointment with the pulmonologist on February 4th. She should determine that day when the girls can come off the oxygen. Mommy can't wait because she is so fed up with all of these tubes and wires!!

Reagan and her cute little mohawk!
Hehe, I love this face. I caught her right before she started to yawn.

1 comment:

Juliann Lambson said...

ha ha ha I love the pictures! I can't wait till you start dressing them alike! so cute! give them kisses.