Sunday, February 1, 2009

Food

I love food. And I love to cook food too, not just eat it. Whenever I am stressed or sad, I'll go whip something up in the kitchen. I also love cooking magazines and looking for new recipes. I'll share these two that I just found because they are soooo easy and really good too. They are from Katie Lee Joel. I like her stuff because it's so simple and you can do a lot of it in minutes. If you decide to try them, great, I think you'll like them. If not, I still love you :)
Chili Cheese dip:
1 pound ground beef
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 16 oz. jar of salsa
4 oz. cream cheese cut into cubes
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Brown the meat in a skillet. Pour out grease. Add taco seasoning and salsa; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes stirring every so often. Add cream cheese and cheddar and stir until melted. Serve hot with tortilla chips

Reese's Brownies
This recipe is even easier. Prepare a box of brownie mix according to the instructions on the back. Pour half of the prepared mix into a pan. Top with Reese's peanut butter cups (the big ones, about 16). Pour remaining half of batter over the peanut butter cups and bake according to instructions.

No comments: