Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Valentines Day

I love Valentines Day. I love making cards for my family, baking sugar cookies and decorating them. I just love it. I think it's because I'm one of those mushy romantics (shameful, I know). Unfortunately, my husband hates it. Don't get me wrong, he is a very loving and romantic man. He just thinks it's ridiculous to have 1 day devoted to the people you love, instead of showing them you love them all year round. Because of this, and the fact that the girls are still on oxygen, we are not doing anything this year *sigh*. Oh, speaking of oxygen, the girls did their room air test last night. We turned off their oxygen tanks and attached them to a machine that measures their oxygen saturation and records how many desaturations they have. They spent the whole night like this and I think they did pretty well. As soon as the darn medical supply company comes to pick up the machines, they'll give the results to the doctor and she'll let us know if the girls can come off. Maybe once they are off they will seem like real babies instead of preemies. It's hard having your child confined to one room of the house and not being able to carry them around with you. Okay, now I'm just starting to complain, and that's not the point. The point is that Michael and I want what is best for the girls even if it means tripping over and pulling on cords for a little while longer. 

No comments: