Friday, February 27, 2009

First Born



Originally uploaded by mikes_muse
I stole this from a friend because I thought it was cute, I hope she doesn't mind!

1. WAS YOUR FIRST BORN'S PREGNANCY PLANNED? Yes. Michael and I tried to get pregnant for 28 months before it finally happened.

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? We had been married for almost 4 years.

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? I got the phone call and all I could say was "I am?" And then I started to cry, and the nurse had to book my next appointment for me because I couldn't talk.
4. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 22

5. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? It was the first month that I did not take a pregnancy test, because I was so sure the cycle had failed. I was waiting for the nurse to call me back and say it was negative and give me the protocol for the next cycle. They hadn't called with my blood results by 4:45 and the girls at work kept telling me to call them. Michael was on his way to pick me up so I waited for him so that he would be there for me to cry to. The receptionist answered and said "let me go get the nurse," which I took as a sure sign of it being negative. She got on the line and said "honey, you're pregnant. Your beta was 278!" I said "I am" and Michael just broke out in the biggest smile and said "I'm gonna be a daddy!" We're lucky he didn't crash, he was so happy I don't think he could concentrate on the road!

6. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? I immediately got on the phone with my family (all four of them just happened to be at my parents house and they all started screaming) and Michael called his parents.

7. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Definitely, I like to have everything planned out. Plus I wanted to go shopping!

8. DUE DATE? January 7th, 2009

9. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? I had all day sickness! It was the first time I had thrown up in over 10 years!! And I am not lying.

10. CRAVINGS? Pineapple and Mandarin Oranges. My sweet visiting teacher Nicole O'Neil brought me some cans of oranges.
11. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? The rude comments. Like people saying "well that's what you get for doing fertility treatments" when I told them I was having twins. Or being told that I was selfish for doing the treatments because I could have "easily" adopted a child.
12. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? Two girls! I was convinced we were having one of each though.

13. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? No, we would have been thrilled with whatever we were given.

14. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? I lost 25, and gained 17 of it back by the time I delivered.

15. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yes. I am spoiled rotten and I had 3! My amazing sister -in-law threw the first one for me and it was beautiful. Then my visiting teachers threw one, and my sweet sister and Teri threw the last one.

16. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew about all of them, but my Grandma did fly up for the 3rd one to surprise me.

17. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? Yes. I had bleeding early on and was told that I was probably going to lose Reagan at the first u/s. Then I had some umm *difficulties* that landed me in the ER. Then because of Reagan's size they thought I had twin to twin transfusion. Then all of a sudden my cervix shortened, I was contracting, and Reagan's water broke, so I ended up in the hospital, and everyone knows the rest!

18. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? In Reno at St Mary's. I looooove the labor and delivery nurses and could not have been happier with the care I received.

19. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? 24 hours. The stupid on call doctor did not believe me that my contractions had broken through the 3 meds they had given me and that I was having back labor.

20. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? We walked! Okay, so Michael drove me to my doctor's appointment because I wasn't allowed to, and she is right across the street from the hospital.

21. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? My husband, two doctors delivering, the anesthesiologist, two nicu nurses, a nicu doctor, two respiratory therapists, and a nurse to assist the doctors delivering.
22. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Emergency c-section. It sounds much cooler if you say emergency :)

23. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? I didn't have a choice, but I would have asked for an epidural even if I didn't have a c-section.

24. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 1 pound 14 ounces and 2 pounds 4 ounces.

25. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ? 12 weeks early on October 16, 2008

26. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Bailey Jane and Reagan Lee

27. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN? 4 and a half months!

5 comments:

Karrasch Clique said...

Look at those little babies! They are so cute!! I still have your present...lame, I look at it almost everyday thinking that I need to get it to you. But I bet it won't fit by now. WHat size are they in? I might need to go take it back and get them something new. Sorry! But your girls are getting so CUTE!!!

Grace said...

You're little girls are so cute! I can't believe people made those rude comments to you while you were pregnnt. That would have bugged me too. This was fun to read, thanks for posting :)

Carpenters said...

Your babies are adorable! Reading your entry I had flashbacks of waiting for the nurse to call me and tell me the cycle had failed also. Ahh the days.

nicilee said...

I looked at the pictures Mike posted. They are getting so BIG, which I know they are still little for four month olds but still they have little fat rolls and chubby cheeks and are both REALLY cute! I can't believe they are four months old.
Are they off of oxygen now? I bet it is nice to hold them and not have them attached to anything now.

Iverson Family said...

Your babies are sure growing up fast and looking cute:) We need to come over soon and play! Oh...I can't believe that people would say such rude things to you! People are nuts!